Friday 2 September 2011

I like to know what I'm putting on my face

The cosmetics and skin care industry can be a strange and scary place. Even the fact that there have to be cautions about dangerous chemicals and animal testing, sets of all sort of red flags for me. The way I look at it, our bodies were made to thrive and survive - but sometimes they just need a little help. This help should not be in the form of a replacement of everything natural, or by spreading extracts from animals in and on my skin.

That is why I was pleased to hear about a company called LifeCell, and to find a write-up about how they came to be, and how the fundamentals of their products work.

It is sort of sad that the products that end up making it to us are those that are chosen by the large corporations. These are typically designed to maximize profit (I understand that), but in so doing, they often block other innovative solutions from reaching us. That is where the power of the internet comes in! It makes more options available to us, without having to have them worked through the corporate pipelines!

It I can find a product that has solid fundamentals and a good track record, I'm not really concerned now about getting is stocked in the local store - you can get just about everything online now.

No comments:

Post a Comment